Here for Business
Business Coaching & No Interest Loans for new and established businesses in Gladstone.
Welcome to Here for Business. If you've always wanted to go into business for yourself, or if you're an existing Gladstone business looking to open up new markets, you've come to the right place.
The Rio Tinto Community Fund Committee has assembled a team of business coaches and mentors to help budding entrepreneurs refine their business plan, and to work with them in the establishment phase of their business. The Fund is also offering zero interest loans for successful applicants.
If business coaching and access to capital are a barrier for your new Gladstone business venture, we're here to help.
Your Business Idea
Rio Tinto Here for Business Program aims to support the growth of small and medium businesses operating in the Gladstone Region.
If you have an idea for a business, product or service and are ready to turn your idea into an operating business then the Here for Business Program is for you.
If you already operate a business but are wanting to expand into a new service, product or market then the Here for Business Program can help you focus on your goals and equip you to take your business to a new level.
Our program has helped many small business owners in an array of industries and markets to learn the fundamental principles of business success and apply these new found skills to growing and expanding their business.
We have proudly collaborated with many local Gladstone businesses to help them grow and expand their business, increase employment outcomes and identify business opportunities within the Gladstone Community.
In order to be eligible for the Here for Business Program your business idea must be able to satisfy the following criteria;
- Your business must operate in the Gladstone Region
- Your business will likely generate employment outcomes within 24 months of operation
- Your business idea must be able to demonstrate sound business concepts
- Your idea must be “business ready” and ready to launch within 12 months
If you have a great business idea and wish to apply to access the Here for Business Program please download an application pack or use the online link “Apply Now”.
Our Here for Business Program is available for local Gladstone residents who satisfy the following criteria:
You must be an individual(s) residing within the Gladstone Region
- You can demonstrate your capacity to invest at least 50% of initial capital costs in relation to setup or expansion of your business
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Here for Business program by depositing $2,000 in trust to secure your position within the program
- You are not a declared bankrupt nor have criminal convictions
Our Here for Business Program offers mentoring and workshops in core foundational business principles.
The Core Business Principles are:
- Marketing Strategies
- Risk Assessment
- Legal & Regulatory Advice
- Self Awareness & Emotional Intelligence
Our program is setup to provide specific and tailored advice in these core areas. Our program framework looks like this:
- Initial Assessment & Interview
- Assessment and Clarification around your business idea
- Building an Action Plan
- Boot Camp (Core Business Principles)
- Business Plan Review & Assessment
- Monthly Mentoring over 12 months